Saturday morning I left for Prague. The sun was shining from a clear blue sky, but as soon as we crossed the boarder, the skies were grey and the temperature dropped. It was short, sweet and very intense. I got to hang out a little by myself, with some friends and go through a ton of my stuff, it was a little walk down memory lane.
Here are a few snaps from my weekend..
Told you it was cold…
It was a nice trip, but it was also really good to come back to Berlin. It was a bit strange to be there and to be there alone. It was fun to go through all my things, and I brought a lot from my studio, so I am really looking forward to get to work soon, its been way too long!
As the tradition calls for, here are a few snaps from the past week. Its been pretty grey and really cold, but towards the end the sun came out and that changed a lot. I love the sun and I can’t wait for te
1. This is winter in Berlin at the moment. Grey and cold. Not complaining, just saying.
10. …and most of the weekend I spent here. I was planning on venture out to hit some of my favorite places, but the -10 weather fore cast kinda made me stay where I was. Not that I’m complaining, I love the place. ♥
Whilst I am traveling back to Berlin, here’s a little something for your evening.
Aren’t they adorable? I’m not a big fan of animals, but I love kittens! Sometimes when life is a little extra rough, I pinterest kittens pics. :) Here’s my collection!
Do you have a pet? Or do you want one?
Finally Friday and finally the weekend is here! I had an interesting meeting this afternoon that I hopefully will be able to tell you more about soon…
Today when I got out from my German lesson, the sun was shining! Oh my, it was so nice!
What are you doing this weekend? I am heading over to a friends house tonight for dinner, and tomorrow bright and early I am going to Prague! I’m only staying one night, so it will be a short and sweet trip. I’m planning on hitting a few of my favorite places, pack some of my art/crafting/sewing stuff + a few books, see a friend or two and then head back.
have a lovely weekend and talk soon!
Whether we like it or not, winter will still be around for a few more months. It has been a very mild one so far, but still short days, long dark afternoons and chilly winds. Needless to say, I think most of us spend more time at home then we do the rest of the year.
To get through the long winter, there are a few things to do to make it a lot less unpleasant.
1. Candles – the more the better. I got a huge craving for cinnamon scented ones in November when J’s sister came home with cinnamon smelling pine cones to have in the house. I was seriously considering putting one in my suitcase.. I still haven’t found the perfect cinnamon candle, and now when Christmas is over, I think I’ll stick with non-scented ones. For Christmas, we got these candle holders, that I love..
2. Hot beverage! Daytime I prefer a nice frothy cappuccino, but in the evening I love a nice cup of tea! Right now this tea and this honey are my favorites..
3. Blankets! Regardless of the season, I love cuddling up under a nice blanket. I just got a new one over the holidays, but I also have a lovely red one packed up.. Can’t wait to get it!
4. Accept it. The winter is a long, cold and dark season. Buy lots of wool, dress warm and think that it wont last forever. Or buy a one way ticket to Mexico ;)
What are your favorites for this season? Or do you not have a cold winter?
I love cushions on a couch, and for our living room, I am planning on having a bunch. I love black and white graphic designs, so a collection like these would be a nice start..
However, I am planning on sewing them myself, with both new and old fabrics, so it will be a growing collection. I also have a dream of finding a chair like this and if it doesn’t come striped, change the fabric.
Sunday is not only closed-day here, it’s also flea market day. Luckily during this season, some of them are held indoors. We went by one that didn’t have much (but we got some fresh air walking there) so we decided to go for a coffee instead. One of the cafés in our hood, also has a small vintage section that today had expanded the vintage part to the whole space. I didn’t really see anything I liked, so we were just about to leave when I saw that there was a small little room that I had missed. “Just gonna take a quick look” I told J, and right before my eyes, a lovely cashmere/silk sweater was hanging. A few minutes later it was mine!
As with most natural materials, cashmere included, after some wear can get small “knots” = it’s pilling. They make the garment look pretty ratty, but it’s easily taken care of. Just use a sharp razor blade (or your own works fine, just make sure the blade is new!) and carefully shave them off. The razor has to run smoothly over them.
Silk and cashmere are expensive, so look out for them when you’re hunting, as you can find some great deals.
In 2011 J and I went to California. Now, when I look back, it seems like we are always having camera issues when we travel, and this trip was no exception. Once on the other side of the atlantic ocean, we realized we forgot to pack the charger to the camera. Given the reason for the trip (J’s friends wedding) we saved the little we had for the big day. Luckily I had my iphone with me, so I snapped the whole trip with my hipstamatic app. Then, during our last trip, I accidently deleted my whole photo library and no, I am not one of those who does back ups every now and then. The other day, I realized that some of the pics that were missing were the ones from California. Aouch. That hurt, I loved that trip.
But, some research and iPhone work later, I found all of them in the library in the app! Maybe that’s not news to you, but hey, I was VERY happy to see them again. So happy that I decided to share my best ones with you…
Hope you liked them! I can’t wait to go back, I really wanna visit San Francisco!
2. My much neglected facebook page hit a small milestone. Maybe 2013’s goal should be 1000?
4. I took this picture for my sister as they were cutting the trees, but somehow I missed it..
For more “my week” posts – click here!